Monday, August 22, 2005
Funeral Day
Today was Lori's funeral. It was okay. Michele and her pastor husband kind of monopolized it. It was a lot of Jesus time...which would have been okay...if Lori wasn't buddhist. Michelle said that Lori accepted Jesus as her saviour before she died. I don't really know if somebody who is on their deathbed and under the influence of many drugs can really fully accept something like that. It just seemed weird that she is buddhist for however many years and then a follower of Jesus for one week and suddenly she has a scripture-laden funeral ceremony.

Lori was a feminist, a Bush hater, a liberal and definitely not a bible-thumper like Michele. I know people like Michele believe the only way to heaven is if you accept Jesus as your saviour...but I don't think I buy into that. I used to. There are murderers that believe in Jesus. How are THOSE people deserving of getting into heaven? What about jungle-people who eat trees and don't know about bibles and buddha? Are they going to hell? I cannot believe that evil people who supposedly accept Jesus are getting passes into heaven instead of people who are genuinely kind and good.

Michele also said in her speech that "Lori's laugh was in-fect-U-ous..." Why would I want to jump onto a bandwagon of people who can't even spell or pronounce words right? Why is it that people who not only are Christians but pushy Christians aren't very educated? I'm not trying to be a bitch but what is the deal? It seems that people like that, who are sneaking bibles in childrens' gifts and pushing Jesus on both friends and strangers, don't have a whole lot else going on for them. You don't too many eloquent, well-to-do people shoving Jesus Loves You stickers in your face. Just like my mom!

If Lori saying a few certain words on her deathbed makes the difference between heaven and hell, i'm not so sure that the right people are going to end up in the right place when it's all said and done. I am bitter. I was raised to be a follower of Jesus but I don't think I could be much further from that as of now. The thing is, if you are raised in a non-religious environment and change later there is forgiveness and everyone is happy you found your way. If you are raised in a home of God and then have doubts later on, there is GUILT and abandonment. As much as I would like to forget about the whole thing the fear of GOD and hell are very much alive. Do I want to burn in hell because I doubt?

And what the hell is with random strangers commenting on my posts? They are advertising for diabetic recipes and complimenting my writing style. The irony is, the guy that complemented my eloquence did so on my "ever feel like you are dummerer..." post. Stupid!!!


footer