Monday, November 28, 2005
Alarms
It was really cold here last night...29 degrees! I was cozy in my bed until 4:30 when my neighbor's alarm clock went off. It's an alarm like Cayle had...it is a rapid incessant beeping. I can't see how a person lying next to it or even in the same apartment could let it go for more than 5 seconds. Unfortunately, Cayle would leave his alarm set when he didn't come home the next morning...and our neighbor likes to wait 30 seconds to hit SNOOZE. Three times. 4:30, 4:45, 5:00. After 5, I gave up all hope.

Then comes the garbage man. Usually not a big deal...he is a bit loud but he IS taking away my trash. Unfortunately (again) there is a Mazda that parks outside our apartment with the most sensitive car alarm ever. No joke...this alarm goes off about 5 times a day. If you are parked next to the Mazda, when you start your car, the alarm is set off. So naturally, the trash man, UPS man and small animals walking by also set off the damn alarm. Whoever owns it surely must be annoyed by having to constantly reset the alarm. Hey, I'm not a fool. This is Phoenix, the car theft capital of the USA. I understand the necessity...but even necessity has limits!

Seriously, nobody wants your stupid Mazda. I have never wanted to key a car so bad in my life. One day i'm going to get fed up and either leave him a note on the car (which will also set off the alarm) or i'm just going to stand next to it and push the car incessantly until the owner comes out. I will probably get beat down but for the love of GOD there is no need for alarms to be *that* touchy. I am just a simple girl who likes a solid night of sleep. I can keep hoping and praying that someday somebody really WILL steal that Mazda and when the owner pokes his head out the window to reset the alarm he'll see his car is gone. Good riddance!


footer