Saturday, October 08, 2005
Surprise!
Uncle Jack gave me (and everyone) a surprise lily bulb to grow in memory of his mother who recently passed away. I reluctantly took it because I have a tendency to kill plants and that wouldn't be the nicest thing to do in her memory. He really wanted an Arizona Surprise Lily representative. Being that we are the only ones out here I decided to try. Uncle Jack said it was ok if I accidentally kill the lily. Yay!

Today I put one of my bulbs in a pot of soil. It says they need good drainage and loamy soil with sand or peat moss. I didn't do that...I don't even know what loamy is. Unless its those weird white pellets in soil...yah no clue. Here is a picture of what we (lily and I) have accomplished thus far:















It says you can plant them in spring or fall and they bloom in summer. It's so warm here maybe the lily with be tricked into thinking its summer now so it will bloom. What is the big surprise? If it grows, I will be frickin' surprised!!!


footer