Wednesday, September 13, 2006
1/4 century
now i am 25 years old. sounds sorta old. and sorta young. I don't really feel old, or like i thought I would feel in my mid-twenties. Inside, I still feel pretty young. And then I wake up and realize I have a husband, a dog, a house (& mortgage), bills and a job. How did I get so responsible???

Last year was a pretty big year for me. Aside from moving across the country and buying a house, I feel like I learned a lot about myself. I can bake awesome pies. I have a 30 minute attention span. I do not want to go to grad school. It is possible to find a job you like. I like blogging. I am not ashamed to meet people from the internet! I know what side of the political fence I am on for more issues. I am more liberal than I thought I was. I am allergic to a ton of stuff. I'm not very articulate but I don't really care.

There were some things from the past that I was clinging to. I have been waiting for somebody to pay back some money they owe me. I've come to accept that they operate on different moral/ethical values and will probably NOT be having a change of heart. OK.

There were friends I thought I was closer to and discovered that I am not close to at all. When they don't tell you they are having (or already had) a baby, then you aren't that good of friends. Got it.

I thought that I should want to get a PhD and want to balance that type of career and family. I learned that you can't do everything. And that's perfectly okay. I finally decided I don't want to get a PhD, so that is one less worry on my list!

Sounds silly, but I learned how much I loved my pathetic little dog. She had a health scare earlier this year and I'd be so upset if anything happened to her.

It's amazing how things change over the course of a year. I wonder what will happen with 25???


footer