Thursday, September 15, 2005
Jobless Wonder
I'm not jobless -yet. I did get a lead on a job at ASU that is strikingly similar to what I do now. I applied and we'll see. It wasn't like a hopeless e-mail composition like the others were since I actually feel like I have a legitimate shot at this position. My boss also offered to call up the hiring scientist and talk to her for me. No need to bust out the big guns just yet. It's nice to know he's got my back though.

Ron, the firefighter who was supposed to buy our furniture, screwed us over. He seemed so nice! He said he'd go ahead and buy our couch, coffee tables and two side tables. When we called him to find out when the pickup was, he said he'd call right back...and never did. So now, with ONE WEEK to go I have to re-list our crap and hope somebody will take it away already. THANKS RON!

Not much else going on here. Our apartment looks a bit post-Katrina minus the water right now. Hopefully we can get all our crap packed up soon so I won't have to look at it anymore. Have a good one, kids!


footer