Tuesday, October 25, 2005
busy week
so for right now i am a stay-at-home-wife. thats right...i don't do anything but munch on bon-bons and watch soaps all day long. it has been really boring but this week is actually action-packed. I decided since i have time to kill, i would start running, which I think i've done a pretty good job of so far. I ran 16 minutes today! In addition, I am shadowing an Audiologist this afternoon to see if it would be a viable educational/career option for me.

I still need to clean the house and re-arrange things because Evan's parents are getting here on thursday. I'll have to pick up some pumpkins for us to carve...that'll be fun. Now onto the big event....my interview! It's actually on thursday so I can't pick up evan's parents from the airport. :(

It was really strange, i was at the computer looking for jobs and I was actually getting ready to call about this one temp job when the phone rang. We have caller ID now (Watch out!!) because it comes standard with the phone service here (very cool) and I could see before I picked up that the phone said "Arizona State University." The only way they'd have my number is from my job applications...I've applied to maybe 5 of their research jobs since early september.

It was a professor and somehow she saw my application and that job was closed and interviews were done but she wanted to know if I was still interested...um, YEAH I AM. So now I have an interview thursday PM. I'm hoping that I'm not up against a large pool of people and that I have a chance here but I guess I'll find out later this week. So pumped!!!

Friday I am back at ASU for an informational session on the Audiology program. They don't do financial aid questions so i'll have to make a separate appointment for that. I'm a little miffed I wont be able to go to Casa Grande with Bob and Mary Ann to see the house stuff but I guess it would be nice to be a contributing member of society who is gainfully employed as well.

I will be doubly miffed if I don't get the job!!!


footer