Friday, November 04, 2005
ok, shopping day do-over
Just as I was getting ready to leave for my shopping expedition yesterday, I got a call from my dear hubby telling me he has a massive headache and is coming home early. So i decided to hang out here in case he needed anything. He survived and is at work today...and the shopping commenced.

So the "fancy" mall is in Scottsdale. AKA Snobsdale. It's a nice area, good schools. I don't feel so bad about not being able to afford to buy a house there anymore. They are not our kind of people. As soon as you roll over the "Welcome to Scottsdale" border, there is a Rolls Royce/Jaguar/Maserati/Ferrari dealership. Jaguar obviously isn't posh enough to link.

I eventually made it to the mall and parked my cheap korean car in the parking garage underground. I was aiming to be near one end of the mall because that's where all the stores I was hoping to hit were located. I emerge from the garage, of course, in front of Neiman Marcus and the absolute furthest point (geographically and financially) from my destination. As if that isn't enough, i'm wearing my oldest jeans and a zip up fleece over a mismatched shirt. I'm surprised they let me into that mall.

It was a successful shopping journey, except for when i tripped coming out of Banana Republic. I didn't fall, props to me!


footer