Monday, November 07, 2005
orientated
i had orientation today at ASU. It was interesting...the retirement plan is mandatory and requires a 6.9% contribution on my part. That will increase to about 8% in July. Now, I'm all for saving for retirement...but at my last job i made more money and i could choose my contributions. I liked the fact that if i really needed that meager last 5% i could choose to not contribute it. On the other hand, I can take up to 9 credits a semester for $25. Yep you read that right. So can Evan. If we have kids, they can go to U of A, ASU or NAU for 25% of in-state tuition. My kids will be dropouts or Arizona-educated kids... with the house prices here I wont be able to afford anything else.

I went to Fazoli's today. Pure heaven! The breadsticks weren't nearly buttery enough...you couldn't squeeze the butter out of them like you could from the Valpo Fazoli's breadsticks. Oh well. It was kinda bizarre....about 80 degrees out and inside they were playing "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" and other classic holiday tunes. Not only does it NOT look like Christmas, but its only early november!!! Give the turkey's their limelight and wait a bit for the christmas carols!!!!


footer