Friday, March 10, 2006
Delivery Exception
I finally caved to the calling of the Ipod. I can listen to music in the lab all day so i figure its a joint business/pleasure purchase and thereby a justifiable expenditure.

In February I decided to order a refurbished Ipod mini. They don't make the mini one anymore, just the huge one and the nano; hence the refurbished Ipod. I don't need a huge fancy expensive one. And the nano is so small i'd lose it or break it. The mini is metal and a little larger so its more resilient and all that stuff.

Apple provides you with a FedEx tracking number. Originally they said it wasn't even going to ship until mid march...so i was a little bummed...until i checked the tracking and it said it shipped on Feb 28!! So i check and it says it made it to Phoenix on March 1. Score!

But then days later...nothing. Until yesterday:


Mar 9, 2006
6:22 PM
Delivery exception
PHOENIX, AZ
Damaged, handling per shipper instructions
Mar 1, 2006
9:47 PM
Departed FedEx location
PHOENIX, AZ



Apparently "delivery exception" and "damaged" are code for "some bastard stole your Ipod and left an empty box." What kind of jerk steals packages? Lame!

Does this mean it was an inside job?? Apparently I will get another Ipod and they will investigate what happened to the original one. As if they're gonna find it. Some punk is rocking out with MY IPOD somewhere in Phoenix.



***********UPDATE**********
Apple just sent me a new tracking number for an Ipod they are sending to me via OVERNIGHT FedEx. But since it was a friday night I should get it on monday. Yay!


footer