Sunday, July 16, 2006
Today i was putting dishes away and i found my souvenir prom glass in our kitchen cabinet. I've decided it's time to toss that puppy since it's about 8 years old by now. My prom wasn't too magical...what little magic it symbolized has fizzled away forever. I have one posed pic leftover; aside from serving as photographic evidence of my killer tan [thank you southern california], it serves no purpose and remains stuffed in a box of other random high-school era pictures. My date was a teammate of mine, one year younger than me. I suppose it was somewhat scandalous to bring a junior to the senior prom, but I didn't really want to go with anybody else [read: nobody normal asked] and sitting at home or going stag was not an option.

Coincidentally it's the former prom date's birthday this weekend. He was one of those friends I'd call or write every year (ok almost every year) and wish him a happy birthday. I have a few of those friends. The gift is remembrance! Usually those people never remember my birthday...shocker! Somewhere along the way we drifted apart, I moved away and got married, he moved away and had a baby and we haven't spoken in forever. And so, for the last time, happy birthday you lame former prom date. May your commemorative prom cup runneth over with joy and happiness. And may mine find its way to the recycling bin.


PS if anyone is good with HTML/CSS lemme know I have a question RE new header/blog title.


footer