Friday, October 13, 2006
Big Weekend
I'm already exhausted...

Tomorrow morning i'm getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to hit the botanical garden fall plant sale. I'm going to try my hand at gardening a bit. The good thing about Phoenix is you can grow pretty much anything, you just have to know when to plant it. Because the winters are so mild, now is the perfect time to plant a lot of stuff. I've got my sights set on some Penstemons for the area formerly-known-as-the-planter-box. I'd also like to get some herbs, probably just rosemary for now. If anything else along the way strikes my fancy then it will probably find its way to my cart. Hopefully my yard will look a little less crappy after tomorrow.

So in preparation of plant day tomorrow, I spent this afternoon prepping the soil. I threw down some mulch and painted that half-done piece of wood where the planter box used to be. Sounds easy/basic but my hands are somehow still dirty and my back is killing me. I'm now accepting applications for lawn boys.

I have to go into work to finish up an experiment after I get my plants. Boo. At least I can totally rock out in the lab because there won't be too many people around. I don't know what it is, maybe it's the humming of the air handlers or the apparent privacy my ensemble offers that makes me want to bust a move to my Ipod when I'm in there.




this is what i look like


(this isn't really me)



It makes the time go by quicker at least. Oh and BTW if you couldn't tell I don't professionally bake/ice cakes or work for the united nations. I get paid to manipulate a variety of infectious diseases. I'm a lab rat.
After I get home I have to plant my beloved little plants. And then we are going to roadtrip it up to the mountains. FALL COLORS!!!! Stinky is coming along too. She loves a good car trip. Hopefully I'll have some good pics when we get back.
On that note, I am so excited for halloween. SO EXCITED! Every year for the past several years I have purchased a large bag of candy in anticipation of halloween. And every year those kids foil my plans by driving their cute little costumed selves to some fancy subdivision. Last year I had one piddly trick or treater...and she was bigger than me! Now that we are out of apartments those kids will be coming to my house! I need to start building up our reputation now...we don't want to be a lame house on the route.
That's all for now kiddies. Have a good weekend!




footer