Sunday, November 12, 2006
Christmas in October
I started seeing Christmas stuff in stores last month. Sigh. I haven't really started shopping yet. Besides the hard-to-shop-for-because-they-have-everything people on my list, my husband's and my dad's birthdays are both the week before Christmas. I'm not one to chintz out and give a joint gift for the two occasions, but that translates into double-duty in the shopping world.

The good news is now that we are homeowners there are a plethora of tools and hardware items I want that will be perfect to give to my husband under the guise of "here is a man-tool to celebrate the birth of Jesus." I'm still waiting for him to give me his list of preferred tools (hint, hint!).

On a side note, I'm slowly starting to get into some gardening. By that I really mean that my Penstemons haven't died yet. The same goes for a house plant. Actually they look pretty good. I have some scabiosas on order (they were perennial of the year in 2000, after all) and I'm hoping I actually get them because I ordered them pretty late. It's still warm here so I don't fear for them too badly. I also got 2 tomato plants and a rosemary bush. So exciting, isn't it!?

Anyway, back to Christmas stuff. I saw this on Nothingbutbonfires.com


footer