Saturday, November 04, 2006
Insert Title Here
I know I've been MIA for a while. Not much has been going on lately. We bought a new porch light because our old one was hideously ugly and only worked sporadically. We installed it just in time for Halloween. It was lots of fun handing out candy and mini Play-doh (from Costco!). We had about 75 kids; my favorite costumes were a buff spiderman and Ketchup & Mustard.

I'm working on my Thanksgiving shopping list already. My parents are coming in from DC and my mission is to send them back home at least 5lbs heavier. I also need to get some good Thanksgiving door decor, a festive tablecloth and some nice napkins. I already have silver chargers ready for action. Ohhhhh the exciting life I lead!!

My friend/coworker finally announced at work that she is pregnant. "Finally" meaning that she's waited a long time to BE pregnant and also because she waited until the end of her first trimester before spilling the beans to the general population at work. This is good for several reasons: she will be a guinea pig for all the pregnancy stuff AND she will hopefully take some of the focus off me. And by focus, I am referring to the woman in my lab who habitually breaks our nice morning silence with a subtle "You should have a baby. Now. You are the perfect age." She only mentions this about every other day. She is also convinced that having her youngest daughter cured her of headaches; naturally, suggestions to have a baby to remedy my headaches is perfectly logical to her. Then again, she is also convinced that our boss has active Tuberculosis. Conspiracy theories to the max!!


footer