Sunday, October 15, 2006
Weird Neighbor
Evan met her when we first moved in but I didn't have the pleasure until saturday morning. I had been out in the yard planting my new penstemons and she and her 34 year-old daughter were in their front yard...doing stuff. She came over and introduced herself. She's a widow. Her daughter lives with her. She isn't married, but two of her four kids are. Blah Blah Blah.

Then it went downhill pretty fast:

neighbor lady (looking at my yard): "We have a lawn mower if you need to borrow one." Strike one.
me: "Thanks, but we have one. Our yard looks a bit rough because we had to replace our sewer line and our irrigation has been out for about a month."
neighbor lady: "The people who lived there before took really good care of their yard." Strike Two

Um hello!! I was out there this morning working on it. I'M WORKING ON IT!!! She can sit there all smug with her stupid rock lawn that doesn't look immaculate or anything and be alllll snide about my yellow grass (that coincidentally isn't even that long!) I should have asked her daughter if she needed to borrow a razor for her five o'clock shadow. Hmph.

Well now that I know what we're dealing with I will be much better equipped to handle her in the future.


footer