Sunday, November 19, 2006
Thanksgiving Week
Somehow Thanksgiving Day is turning into a whole week event. I did the first half of my turkey day dinner shopping. I have a 14lb bird awaiting its final destination on my table in the fridge.

Last year it was just the husband and I. We opted for a turkey breast but we still went all out and had quite a spread. This year we are hosting my parents and have upgraded to a full-size turkey and two pies instead of one. My goal is to send everyone home with at least 5 pounds they didn't arrive with.

The parents get here tuesday and we have all sorts of booze and home improvement projects to keep them occupied and happy. The weather is supposed to be beautiful as well.

Thanksgiving holidays are also important in that they mark the serious start of the Christmas holiday shopping expeditions. Meh...I have no idea what I'm getting most people. I'm super excited to decorate our house. I have a lot of lights and we'll have to figure out how we're going to engineer them up onto the house.

Ohhhh on an unrelated note, the husband and I are planning on taking a "real" vacation sometime in 2007 (probably spring-ish). Pretty much anywhere. Except Mexico. Regardless, if you have any suggestions as to where we should go, please comment away!


footer